Ch-Ch-Changes: Part One
|"Ch-Ch-Changes: Part One"|
|First published||July 27, 2016|
|Written by||Kelly Thompson|
|Art by||Jen Bartel|
|Colors by||M. Victoria Robado|
|Letters by||Shawn Lee|
Tensions running high after Silica, The Holograms and their significant others try to relax with a bonfire.
Recording is business as usual for The Holograms until Shana abruptly ceases her drumming. Confused by the pause, Jem urges the drummer to continue but Shana insists on stopping for the day. The other members retire to relax in the lake by a house provided by Rio.
While Kimber questions Jerrica's absent minded decision to remain in her Jem persona during downtime, Shana is still reluctant to join her bandmates, however he can't help but laugh at Jerrica's stumble into the water. Jerrica and Shana decide to invite the boys up to the lakeside for a bonfire, and Stormer can come for Kimber's sake.
Back at the recording studio, The Misfits have their own trouble with a song but manage to figure out the apt lyric thanks to a suggestion from their new member Blaze. They conclude their session and part ways, Roxy salivating for some gourmet Canadian cuisine, and Stormer breaks from the party to go meet with the Holograms.
Jerrica observes Aja's reconsidering her hairstyle and suspects this indicates Aja's going to dump her boyfriend Craig. The two reflect about what could be causing Shana's recent detached attitude, and if Jerrica's boyfriend Rio should be told about Synergy and the implications of starting to share the secret of Jerrica's dual identity.
On her way to the lake house, Stormer glances at her phone, is distracted by a deer, and runs her car into a tree.
When Stormer is two hours late to the party, they all agree to search for the missing Misfit by splitting the group into three groups. Rio, paired with Jerrica, begins to mention something important...
Stormer wakes up from her car crash with only a minor laceration on her forehead. She attempts to phone for help, but before connecting she encounters a gigantic angry bear!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Jem and the Holograms||The Misfits||Others|
- Despite being included on the cast page, Clash does not appear in this issue.
Real world references
- The title of the storyline is from the 1971 song Changes by David Bowie.
- Aja references "A superhero that puts on glasses." as an obvious nod to Superman.
- This is the final issue of the series to be edited in full by John Barber, who stepped down from his position as group editor for IDW's Hasbro books earlier in July.
- Jerrica names some of Aja's past lovers: Parker, Jamie, Kelly, and Ryan.
- The cover of the issue features a quote from an article on the AV Club.
- Regular cover:: The Holograms, by Jen Bartel.
- Subscription cover:: The Holograms, by M. Victoria Robado.
- Rom subscription cover: Rom listening to a Holograms album, by Andrew Griffith; part of a series of Rom-themed covers featured on numerous IDW titles in July, in celebration of the launch of the character's new ongoing series.
- Jem #18
- Transformers: Titans Returns comic one shot.
- The Powerpuff Girls comic series.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Shadows of the Past" tabletop game. (back cover)