|«||First Strike issues||»|
First Strike one-shots featuring Transformers
Other First Strike one-shots
The seeds of First Strike were planted in 2016's pre-Revolution story arcs in The Transformers and Action Man. The former featured Optimus Prime annexing Earth into the Council of Worlds as a means to defend humankind from further extraterrestrial threats, and this continued in the successor series Optimus Prime. The latter revealed human supervillian Doctor X to be working with fellow supervillains Storm Shadow (and her Red Shadows) and Baron Ironblood in an unspecified plot of world domination. Subsequently, Revolutionaries continued this plot thread as Kup, Action Man, Mayday, and Garrison Blackrock hopscotched across the globe to uncover the secret of the mysterious Talisman, an artifact also desired by the villain coalition.
A year after Optimus Prime's decision to annex Earth into the Cybertronian Council of Worlds, a unified Earth stands ready to join the interplanetary coalition as equals to the Transformers. However, this event is thrown into chaos by the machinations of Baron Ironblood, who leads a crusade to destroy all Transformers. Now it's up to Scarlett, Optimus Prime, and Soundwave to save both worlds and ensure Earth's status on the Council.
Mairghread Scott, writer of Windblade and Till All Are One, and David Rodriguez, co-writer of the 2017 M.A.S.K. annual jointly write First Strike, while Max Dunbar, artist of Micronauts, handles artistic duties.
- Collects the First Strike issues
- Bonus material consists of a cover gallery.
- Transformers/G.I. JOE: First Strike: Champions TPB (February 7, 2018) ISBN 1684051231 / ISBN 978-1684051236
- Collects the individual First Strike one-shot issues
- Bonus material UNKNOWN.
- A working name for this miniseries may have been Insurgency, as the solicitation for the Revolutionaries Volume 2 TPB billed it as a lead-in to "Hasbro's Insurgency" as did ROM #13.
- First Strike at the TFWiki