G.I. Joe vol. 5
|The name or term "G.I. Joe" refers to more than one character or idea. For a list of other meanings, see G.I. Joe (disambiguation).|
The fifth volume of IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe ongoing comic series launched in November 2016 with a Revolution tie-in one-shot before releasing its first regular issue that December. The first IDW-continuity G.I. Joe series released after the continuity's integration into IDW's Hasbro Universe, the series sees G.I. Joe become an international force fighting threats to humanity and adds the Transformer Skywarp to the team.
G.I. Joe ended with issue #9 in August 2017, leading into the First Strike crossover event. A G.I. Joe: First Strike one-shot came in September, and following the wrap up of First Strike, new series Scarlett's Strike Force debuted in December, which integrated Joe with M.A.S.K.
|«||G.I. Joe vol. 5 issues:||»|
Following the events of Revolution, G.I. Joe evolves into an international fighting force no longer controlled by the American government. Their shadow war with Cobra is in the past; now, numerous alien arrivals have made the world a whole lot weirder, and it's up to the Joes to confront the various fantastical threats it now faces.
- Revolution (March 29, 2017) ISBN 1631409379 / ISBN 978-1631409370
- Hardcover, exclusively sold through the comic book direct market.
- Contains Revolution #0 to #5 and all one-shots.
- Bonus material includes a cover gallery.
- G.I. Joe Volume 1 (July 19, 2017) ISBN 1631409131 / ISBN 978-1631409134
- Contains the Revolution one-shot and issues #1 to #4.
- Bonus material includes cover art and profile sketches.
- G.I. Joe Volume 2 (November 29, 2017) ISBN 1684050251 / ISBN 978-1684050253
- Contains issues #5 to #9.
- Bonus material includes cover art.