M.A.S.K. issue 8
From IDW Hasbro Wiki
|Publisher||IDW Publishing, Ted Adams|
|First published||July 19, 2017|
|Cover date||June 2017|
|Written by||Brandon Easton|
|Art by||Drew Moss|
|Colors by||Jordi Escuin|
|Letters by||Christa Meisner|
|Editorial assistant||David Mariotte|
M.A.S.K. encounters a new threat underground and not everyone is who they seem to be.
Characters in italic text appear only in news footage.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- To distract the giant monster, Zartan-as-Brad creates a hologram of the giant Transformer Omega Supreme. Omega fought Devastator in New York City during The Transformers: All Hail Megatron, so maybe Zartan's remembering him from then? Alternatively, M.A.S.K. may possess data collected during the Autobot-Skywatch alliance in the 2009-2011 ongoing Transformers series.
Other Hasbro franchise references
- Matt has Gloria access the U.S. Geological Survey's database.
- Julio Lopez asks "when have clone troopers contributed to a happy ending?", presumably referring to Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. He had previously referenced Return of the Jedi in M.A.S.K. #1.
- Solicited for release in June, this issue arrives a month late in the middle of July.
- Regular cover:
- Subscription cover A:
- Subscription cover B:
- Retailer incentive cover:
- MASK 8 regcvr.jpg
- MASK 8 subcvrA.jpg
- MASK 8 subcvrB.jpg
- MASK 8 cvrRI.jpg