The ability to Enerchange is a mysterious ability possessed by the residents of Microspace, allowing them to merge with and connect to other Microspace technology and beings on a molecular level. This primarily manifests as shapeshifting and fusion, summoning weaponry and equipment, and taking control of Microspace technology. Overuse of its power, however, can lead to mutation and mental breakdown. It is also referred to as Micromeld.
- Acroyear could use Enerchange to summon wings and weaponry for himself to use.
- Biotron could transform his body into a tracked vehicular form and swap out his limbs for maintainance tools.
- Baron Karza had a particularly strong mastery of Enerchange, allowing him to launch his body parts, transform his lower body into a centauroid battle form, and harness internal power to fire beams of energy from his eyes.
- Shazraella could create or enhance poisons by Enerchanging them with her own blood.
The origins of this power are unknown but it appears to be available to all the denizens of Microspace. Enerchanging bonded the objects on a molecular level and though it was normally done using weapons and tools, it was possible to initiate a forced enerchange with another sentient being. To properly master enerchange often required years of training. Mechanical lifeforms did not require practice however and could simply download command codes to learn the process.
During the liberation of the Pharoid temples, Baron Karza was warned by a dying soldier that the Time Travelers had been driven mad by Enerchanging with time itself. While stuck within the entropy cloud, Karza discovered the evidence that supported this.
When leading his forces into battle against Baron Daegon's army, Karza Enerchanged into a centauroid battle form, and Daegon used a similar form to fight him.
Upon arriving on Earth, Karza Enerchanged with the Dire Wraith army, fusing them into a titanic, organic combiner. Subsequently, Rom's connection to Metrotitan's spacebridge allowed the Micronauts to Enerchange with it, using Rom's armor as a conduit; with the help of Soundwave, Mainframe, and Matt Trakker, they managed to shut down the spacebridge and prevent the detonation of the Ore-13, saving Earth.
Subsequently, while investigating the Talisman, Larissa realized that, even though it did not originate from Microspace, she could Enerchange with it and pilot it as a ship. In preparation for his invasion of Earth, Karza enerchanged with Micronus Prime allowing him control over the Prime's spacebridge and power but at the cost of the Prime's persona subtly overwriting Karza's own each time they fused. After attaining Time Traveler energy, Shazraella forcibly separated Micronus from Karza.
In planning his genocidal campaign on Cybertron, Baron Ironblood recruited Shazraella, so that she could use her enerchanging powers to merge the Talisman with Cybertron's core to poison all the energon on the planet. To more effectively move about on Cybertron, Shazraella enerchanged with Antagony. After being captured, Shazraella was forced to release Antagony though the procedure would ultimately prove fatal to her Cybertronian host.
As part of their alliance, the Absence and D'rge altered the enerchanging abilities of Baron Karza so that he could steal Rom's size and strength while sending the Knight into Microspace. After retrieving him, Larissa explained enerchanging to Rom and began training him to use the craft.
- Enerchanging is an in-fiction version of the interchangeability of the original Micronauts toys, and their ability to swap out body parts. Given what we know about the origins of Microspace, it could probably be considered a Micronauts counterpart to Powerlinx, too.
- Enerchange at the TFWiki