Micronauts issue 10
|Publisher||IDW Publishing, Ted Adams|
|First published||March 8, 2017|
|Cover date||February 2017|
|Written by||Cullen Bunn & Jimmy Johnston|
|Art by||Max Dunbar|
|Colors by||Ander Zarate|
|Letters by||Tom B. Long|
|Assistant editor||David Mariotte|
The Micronauts seek the out the scientist who helped them escape.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
As the Heliopolis soars through Earth's skies, Oziron Rael dreams of his encounter with Steven Klain the previous night. As he mumbles however his words slowly turn into English and he awakes with a start, realizing that the scientist is in danger due to helping them escape the lab. The Helmet springs to life and informs Oz that the giants are known as humans and that while organic lifeforms are mercurial, the scientist is indeed a target after helping the Micronauts. Microtron meawhile has no idea what just happened.
In the conference room, Oz fills in his team in on the Helmet's conversation and their obligation to help the scientist. Since no one raises an objection (or actually agrees), Oz decides to help her before Biotron reveals he has enerchanged with the internet and found the scientist's name to be Rhonda Conway and directs Microtron to her house. Arriving in the dark of the night, Acroyear breaks down the door (not bothering to check which way it would fall) only for the group to find the house abandoned, Rhonda has already fled knowing she is already a target. The group nonetheless does a search of the house eventually regrouping in the room of her son, Billy just as armed agents break into the house. The agents find nothing, dismissing the Micronauts as nothing but toys of Billy.
An insulted Acroyear prepares to attack the humans only for them to be slain before Acroyear can even take off. Larissa and Phenolo-Phi recognize the killers however as Acroyears. A new generation more powerful than even Acroyear himself. Both humans and Micronauts decide to retreat in light of their new foes' awesome power but no sooner has Oz called for pickup does a Giant Acroyear enter the room and begin unleashing powerful energy weapons. Acroyear pulls himself up, and lobs a Weeble at the giant warrior destroying it and sowing chaos in the enemy ranks.
The Micronauts take off before their foes have a chance to regroup (pausing so Acroyear can retrieve his "fine weapon") but are already chased by the new Acroyears. The Helmet reflects that though the Acroyears have arrived sooner than anticipated...the Earthwar is now upon them.
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
Characters in italic text appear only in a dream.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Micronauts||Hasbro Universe inhabitants||Microspace inhabitants|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"It is impossible to gauge when and if a human will do what they say."
- —...Well be honest, the Helmet isn't exactly wrong.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity notes[edit | edit source]
- This issue names the scientist who helped the Micronauts escape as "Rhonda Conway" despite issue #7 calling her "Dell". It is unclear if this is a coordination error or if perhaps "Conway" or "Dell" is a husband's surname assumed upon marriage.
Real-life references[edit | edit source]
- Biotron is quite right when he says the majority of internet is dedicated to cats and female nudity.
- Among the toys in Billy's room are a toy of RoboCop, Jenga and the Pixar Ball.
- His board games are Battleship, Connect Four, Risk, Candy Land and Operation. All are currently released by Hasbro.
Other notes[edit | edit source]
- Scheduled for release in February 2017, this issue arrived late in the second week of March, as part of IDW's ongoing printing delays.
Covers (5)[edit | edit source]
- Regular cover:
- Subscription cover A:
- Subscription cover B:
- Subscription cover C:
- Retailer incentive cover:
- Micronauts10 regcvr.jpg
- Micronauts10 subcvrB.jpg
- Micronauts10 subcvrC.jpg
- Micronauts10 cvrRI.jpg
Advertisements[edit | edit source]
- "The Hasbro Tribune" editorial page promoting February's Hasbro Universe titles, including G.I. Joe #3, M.A.S.K. #4, Lost Light #3, Optimus Prime #4, Till All Are One #8, Transformers Annual 2017, M.A.S.K. Annual 2017, Revolutionaries #3, this issue, and ROM #8.